Ford van 1096F was purchased new by London Transport from Dagenham Motors, Alperton for approximately £365.00 in June 1959 and was delivered to the Central Distribution Works as one of a batch of thirteen identical vehicles and allocated service vehicle fleet numbers 1088F – 1100F.
At the beginning of July 1959, it was transferred from Central Distribution to Lillie Bridge depot near Fulham and allocated to the Signals Engineers, remaining there until withdrawn from service at the beginning of December 1964. The unlicensed vehicle was then sold to a Mr C W Borgust of Shooters Hill, London, SW3 for private use.
Obtained and restored by Mr N Anscombe into its distinctive Chiswick Green service vehicle livery, the van was donated to the Trust and arrived at the Museum during May 1998.
|Ford Thames 300E 2 axle rigid body light van
|Ford 1172cc side valve petrol
|Date into service:
|Date of withdrawal: