London Bus Museum is located on the Brooklands site between Weybridge and Byfleet in Surrey and shares a common visitor entrance with Brooklands Museum. One entry ticket covers admission to both museums.
Here is the weather forecast for the Museum’s location for the next 5 days (you can click within the box for a forecast out to 16 days as well):
Arriving by car:
We are just a few minutes from junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London to Portsmouth trunk road. Leave the London-bound A3 at the Painshill junction (A 245) and follow the brown signs to “Mercedes-Benz World” and “Brooklands Museum”.
The public entrance is via Wellington Way, Brooklands Drive and Mercedes Benz World. If you are using a SatNav, please use the post-code KT13 0SL and follow the signs to the Brooklands Museum car-park. The entrance to the Museum is a joint one with Brooklands Museum.
Arriving by public transport:
The nearest railway station is Weybridge (less than a mile away), which is on the London Waterloo to Woking, and Staines to Weybridge lines. The rail journey time from London Waterloo is around 30 minutes. For the rail timetable, visit National Rail Enquiries.
From the station, take Arriva bus route 436 to Mercedes-Benz World/Brooklands Museum. The bus journey is 9 minutes and it runs approximately half-hourly but, for the exact times, visit the Arriva web-site or call traveline on 0871 200 22 33.
The Museum is open from 10am to 5pm in the Summer and from 10am to 4pm in the Winter, with last admission to the Brooklands site one hour before closing in each case. Summer and Winter times accord with the start and end of British Summer Time.
The Museum is open 7 days a week except for a few days during the Christmas period.
Admission Prices (covering entry to both London Bus Museum and Brooklands Museum) (See also note below*)
- Adult – £10.00
- Senior Citizen/Student - £9.00
- Children (5-16) – £5.50, with children under 5 Free
- Family Ticket – £27.00 (2 Adults and up to 3 children)
- Museum Members (with current card) - free of charge
Gift-Aided entry is available at slightly higher prices – please enquire upon entry.
All of the above prices include free parking.
* Please note that an admission surcharge may be payable by both general visitors and Museum Members at certain special events. All 2013 London Bus Museum events will be without surcharge but Brooklands Museum advise that their following 2013 events will attract an additional entry fee: Auto Italia: 4 May, Double Twelve Motorsport Festival: 15/16 June, Supercar Saturday: 27 July, Autumn Motorsport Day: 13 October. Please refer to the Brooklands Museum events page for further details.
Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout their visit and no dogs or pets are admitted to the museum site, except assistance dogs.
Overall, the Museum area is level and therefore provides easy access for visitors with a disability or who use a wheelchair for mobility.