The London Bus Museum has the largest collection of historic, working London buses in the world and, in many cases, is the only source of authentic period props of this kind. We have a Victorian horse-bus, a 1920s open-topper, 1930s and WW2 buses, standard London buses and coaches of the 1950s as well as the famous Routemasters.
We can work with the film company’s props department to help achieve authenticity and can provide producers and researchers with historical advice on vehicles, street scenes, uniforms and equipment from our archives.
Our 1937 double-decker on the set of “Nanny McPhee & The Big Bang”
Horse-bus and conductor in period costume on set of “Unfounded Rumours”
Films in which LBM buses have appeared include ...
- The King’s Speech with Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter
- Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang with Emma Thompson
- The Edge of Love with Keira Knightly, Sienna Miller and Matthew Rhys
- Unfounded Rumours with Samantha Ellery
- The Deep Blue Sea with Rachael Weisz and Tom Hiddleston
... and TV programmes ...
- BBC’s One Show
- ITV’s Foyle’s War with Michael Kitchen
- BBC’s The Gathering Storm with Albert Finney and Vanessa Redgrave
- BBC’s New Tricks with Dennis Waterman and Amanda Redman
- ITV’s Jericho with Robert Lindsay
- ITV’s Downton Abbey