The Museum is looking for Members to act as Organisers for ‘AwayEvents’ being attended by Museum buses. This involves being responsible for ensuring that the bus(es) is/are prepared, crew(s) are rostered and that the vehicle(s) is/are well looked after at the event. This rôle can be undertaken by a driver or conductor on the day.
The role is an interesting and rewarding one. There is a Trustee overall responsible who will give you guidance and help. If you are interested in taking on or more of these events on, please email Michael Wickham here.
The events for which Organisers are still needed are:
- May 6 – HCVS Brighton Run
- May 12 – Trolleybus 50 at Fulwell
- May 20 – Slough Running Day
- June 10 – AEC 100 at Walthamstow
- June 24 – Uxbridge Running Day
- July 10 – Farnborough Air Show
- July 22 – B7CP Rally at Newbury
- August 19 – Hemel Hempstead Running Day
- August 26/27 – Wings & Wheels at Dunsfold
- Oct 7 – Amersham Running Day