The London Bus Preservation Trust, which runs London Bus Museum, is a Registered Charity. We receive no statutory or official funding and rely for finance entirely on the fundraising efforts of our volunteers and supporters.
Donations of Transport Memorabilia
The Museum would welcome your donation of your collection of transport ephemera which you perhaps no longer wish to keep. Whether your items join the Collection or are sold on to raise funds for the Museum, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that they have gone to a good cause.
Items that are sought after by the Museum will be taken formally into the Trust’s Collection and may even go on display. Others that duplicate what we already have or are not in line with our Acquisition Policy will (with your permission) be sold to raise funds to support the Museum’s work.
We are particularly looking for (in good condition, please):-
- London Transport/LGOC bus crew uniforms from the 1920s to the 1970s.
- London Transport and other London bus cap badges and PSV badges.
- London ticket machines – Gibson, Ultimate, Setright, Bell Punch.
- London bus and coach tickets, punch-type pre-1950.
- London bus stops, enamel signs and plates, including e-plates.
- London bus destination blinds (1980s or earlier).
- London Transport, Underground Group advertising posters (bus-related).
- London Transport Magazines also Pennyfare and TOT magazines.
- London Transport Buses/LGOC Traffic Circulars (1970s or earlier).
- London Transport/LGOC Allocations of Scheduled Buses.
- London Transport Area and District Timetable books.
- London Transport/LGOC bus maps and coach maps.
- Photographic negatives and slides of London buses pre-1980.
We also welcome donations of other transport items, including non-London, and model buses, books and magazines, which can be sold to raise funds. If you have items to donate, please complete this form so that we can discuss this with you.